Intellectual Wellness is the ability to open our minds to new ideas and experiences that can be applied to personal decisions, group interaction and community betterment. The desire to learn new concepts, improve skills and seek challenges in pursuit of lifelong learning contributes to our Intellectual Wellness
Intellectual wellness encompasses lifelong learning through formal education and informal life experiences to expand knowledge, develop new ideas, improve skills, and explore new interests.
An intellectually well person…
- Adapts to changes, new information, and differing perceptions and approaches
- Participates in cultural, scholastic, and community activities
- Stays up-to-date on current local and world events
- Thinks critically and creatively to solve problems and develop strategies
- Understands divergent points of view