The Max Length setting lets you limit how much information form users can enter in a field. This can be useful for an essay question. If you are working with a collection grid, this setting limits the number of rows that can be added.
1. Log in to JICS as an Administrator and access EX FormFlow - Forms.
2. Click on the form you are working with.
3. Right-click on the question and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
4. Click Settings. The Settings tab appears.
5. In the Max Length field, enter the total number of characters the form user is allowed to enter.
6. Click Save.