Look ups populate other questions on the form based on information selected or entered from a source question. For example, you can complete name and contact information fields/questions for a faculty member who enters their email address.
Use the @@LookUpValue to inject the information provided in the source question.
· Sample Look Up Setup
· How the look up appears in the user's form (sample)
Look ups use information the user enters or selects from a question to auto-complete other form questions/fields.
Returns a form user's first, middle, and last name, and email address from the Name Master table based on their ID number.
SELECT_FIRST_NAME, MIDDLE_NAME, LAST_NAME, EMAIL_ADDRESS
WHERE_ID_NUM = @@LookUpValue
1. Log in to JICS as an Administrator and access EX FormFlow - Forms.
2. Click Manage Forms. The Manage Forms page appears.
3. Click Site Administrators. The Site Administrators page appears.
4. Click Data Sources. The Data Source page appears.
5. Click the Add icon.
6. In the Name field, enter a name for the datasource you want to create.
7. From the Use Database drop-down, select the database you want to pull the data from. This could your EX database or another external database you are using with EX FormFlow - Forms.
8. In the DataSource Query field, enter your SQL query that will select and/or filter the information in your database that you want to make available in your form.
|If the column you are selecting from is a char type or nchar, RTRIM() the column values. Not trimming may result in unexpected effects when interacting with the form.|
9. Click Save DataSource.
10. Click Manage Forms. The Manage Forms page appears.
11. Click on the form you are working with.
12. Click on the tab you want to work with.
14. Click the Look Up tab.
15. From the Look Up DataSource drop-down, select the datasource you want to use to look up information. The table columns associated with the data source appear with corresponding drop-downs.
16. From the drop-downs, select the Unique IDs of the form questions/fields you want to auto-populate with information from the table columns.
For example, if you collected a form user's ID number, the data source may look at the Name Master table to return the user's first name and last name. From the drop-downs, you'll select your form usr_fName and usr_lName fields that will display the user's full name.
17. If you want your look up to execute immediately when the form is accessed, select the Execute on load check box.
18. If the questions/fields being populated based on the drop-down should trigger the question/field's events, select the Trigger After Set check box.
19. Click Save.