The applicant form template is set up to populate the Contact tab questions based on information in your EX database and on options the applicant selects.
· The state and country questions are populated based on information in your EX database
· The address line 1, city, state, zip code, country and email questions are mapped to payment fields for applications with a fee
· The zip code question can be used to auto-populate the city and state
· The confirm email address question can be used to ensure the applicant entered the correct email address
For these features to work:
You must have a connection to the EX database set up in FormFlow. See Step 1 for more information.
You must have read/write access to the EX tables the form is accessing and collecting information from or saving information to.
Questions must retain the correct unique IDs. Removing a question or changing a question's unique ID can impact how these features work.
If you are pointing to the EX database and using all of the application form template questions, little setup is needed. The following step through how to check the EX data sources related to the state and country questions. If you are not pointing to the EX database, you may need to update these data sources.
1. From the Tools menu, select Data Sources.
2. From the DataSource drop-down, select:
a. For the state question, select JZB - State List
b. For the country question, select JZB - Countries List
Make a copy of the provided JZB - * datasources as they may be updated and overwritten in a future release.
3. From the Use Database drop-down, verify the correct database is being used. The template automatically uses the EX database.
4. Review the DataSource query to ensure it is the correct table your school uses to manage gender, citizenship, race, and ethnicity options. If your school uses different tables, update the queries as needed.
a. The state list is populated using the TD_STATE_VIEW table.
b. The countries list is populated using the TD_COUNTRY_VIEW table.
5. Test or save your datasource.
6. Click Done. The data source is set up on the question properties, Options tab. If a particular option isn't appearing, verify it exists in EX.
The Confirm Email Address question is set up to be compared to the Email Address question to help ensure the applicant enters a valid email address. This configuration is set up for you on the Confirm Email Address question properties, Settings tab, Compare To option. There should be no set up required.
The set up for this feature is detailed in Step 2: Set Up USPS Zip Code Look Up.