You can collect fee payments and donations from your form by:
· Setting up a payment profile
· Mapping information such as name and address the form user enters on the form to the payment portlet (optional)
· Assigning the payment profile to your form's submission button to send it to the payment portlet
If you are collecting payments, your school may also choose to provide fee waivers. You can associate waiver codes with a hard coded data source or store them in a custom table.
For these features to work:
You must have a connection to the EX database set up in FormFlow. See Step 1 for more information.
You must have read/write access to the EX tables the form is accessing and collecting waiver code information from or saving information to.
Set Up the Payment Profile
1. Log in to JICS as an Administrator and access EX FormFlow - Forms.
2. Click Manage Forms. The Manage Forms page appears.
3. Click on the form you are associating the payment profile with.
4. From the Tools menu, select Payment Profiles.
5. Click Add Profile. The Payment Profile page appears.
6. If your school will allow the form users to use an electronic check to make their payment, select Allow E-check.
7. In the Show fee description field, review or update how the charge will be passed to the form users' payment provider.
8. In the Transaction Code, enter your EX Receipt Entry Code to be used for the payment.
9. In the Default Fee amount, enter the amount of the form users will be charged.
10. In the Email address to notify on failed payment field, enter an email address at your school that can be use to notify the appropriate person or department the payment failed. This might be your school's Accounts Receivable office or IT department.
11. Click Save Profile.
Map Questions to the Online Payment Portlet (optional)
You can set up the form to map the form user's first name, last name, address, and email to the payment profile.
1. Right-click on the question to be added to the payment profile and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
2. Click on the Settings tab.
3. From the Map to Payment field, select the payment profile you are using for the online application form.
4. Click Save.
Assign the Payment Profile to the Form's Submission Button
1. Right-click on your form's submission button and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
2. Select the Rules tab.
3. From the drop-down options next to the Payment: Use Profile drop-down, select the profile you want to associate with the online application.
4. Click Save.
Set Up Waiver Codes from Your Database
1. From the FormFlow main menu, click the Tools menu and select Data Sources. The Data Source page appears.
2. From the DataSource drop-down, select JZB- Online Application Waiver Codes to use as an example.
|Make a copy of the provided JZB - * datasources as they may be overwritten in a future release.|
3. From the Use Database drop-down, select the database you are using to store the waiver codes. This could your EX database or another external database you are using with EX FormFlow - Forms.
4. In the DataSource Query field, update the Jenzabar-provided SQL query that honors the waiver codes as needed.
SELECT 'HONORS' AS Code
SELECT 'VISIT' AS Code;
5. Click Save DataSource.
6. Click Done.
7. Access the Finish tab of the online application form.
8. Right-click on the Waiver Code question and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
9. Click the Settings tab.
10. Verify the Waiver Code Datasource field has JZB - Online Application Waiver Codes selected. If not, select it.
11. Click Save. When an applicant enters a waiver code you have entered in your database, they will be able to complete the submission process without being charged the application fee.
Set Up Waiver Codes Manually
1. Right-click on the Waiver Code question and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
2. Click the Settings tab.
3. From the Waiver Code Datasource drop-down, select the blank option. This ensures the question isn't looking for a value from your database.
4. Click the Rules tab.
5. Click Add Step.
6. In the If the answer value is field, enter the waiver code. For example, your school may give a waiver code of FREE to college fair attendees.
7. From the event drop-down, select Payment: Override Balance.
8. If you have more than one waiver code, click repeat steps 5 - 7.
9. Click Save. When an applicant enters a waiver code you have entered here, they will be able to complete the submission process without being charged the application fee.
10. Right-click on the Submit button and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
11. Select the Rules tab.
12. From the default #2 And Payment: User Profile, select Payment: Override Balance?
13. Click Save.