1. Define personality and identify each element of the definition of personality.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the major theories in personality, including their basic concepts and principles, views of personality development, assessment techniques and treatment principles.
3. Examine major theories of personality according to standard criteria for evaluating the adequacy of scientific theories.
4. Compare and contrast major classical theories of personality (i.e., humanism, psychoanalytic/psychodynamic, behaviorism, cognitive, and social-cognitive theories of personality).
5. Identify the major issues involved in developing a theory of personality and use this awareness to formulate one’s own view of personality.
6. Incorporate current research studies in order to understand theories of personality in modern psychology.